OTHER NIGHT CREATURES
Note: Newest entries appear at the top of categories.
Above: Chris Baker's awesome podcast radio for haunters. (I've been interviewed for episode 15, so go grab it!)
Above: An association for haunted prop builders and haunters in general. Check it out!
|The links that follow lead to sites provided by other Halloween hobbyists and professionals. Each of these provides further links, which spread like tendrils through the web. There's no escaping it: Halloween is growing... out of control! As with the rest of this site, links on this page will be added regularly. If you have a Halloween related site, and would like to be listed, drop me a line and tell me.
Want your banner on this page? Let's do a swap - put ours on yours, and we'll reciprocate! Mention this offer when you write!
- The Garage of Evil Home Haunt Network www.garageofevil.ning.com - Social networking site for serious home haunters; contains project presentations too. Check it out!
- Sad Poems http://sad-poems.agilityhoster.com/ Haiku Poems http://haiku-poems.50webs.com/ Sad Quotes http://sad-quotes.isgreat.org/ - Moody text to bring out the goth in you.
- Erlenmeyer Flask Lab Supply - http://erlenmeyer-flask.isgreat.org/ - Quality laboratory supplies and glassware for the Mad Scientist in you.
- The Gothic Portal - http://gothic-portal.awardspace.com - Everything Gothic for the costumer or lifestyle enthusiast: gothic clothing, gothic corsets, gothic makeup.
- Larry Schmidt's Soft Yard Haunt Site - http://freesoftyardhaunt.com/ - A how-to place for those who prefer a low gore, family friendly Halloween - and there are a lot of us in that category.
- Garage of Evil - www.garageofevil.com Dedicated home haunters who host basic how-to's and a discussion group: "We're a how-to haunt site, and staunch believers in information sharing. Please visit the site, poke around, and hopefully enjoy yourself."
- Egreetings for Halloween in Spanish: Envíe tarjetas de halloween a sus seres queridos.
- Wish your dear and near ones a Happy Halloween with our halloween egreetings.
- Halloween e-cards: Halloween ! It's Halloween ! Whether you want to scare your friends,trick or treat or wish all your friends and family members a very Happy Halloween. Wish them with some beautiful Halloween ecards. All ecards are absolutely FREE !!!
- Halloween e-cards provides free ecards for Halloween. Consumers have the ability to personalize and preview their card right on our site.
- Colorful Halloween email greetings: "Spread the magic of this spooktacular day with our Halloween ecards." http://www.123greetings.com/events/halloween/
- Terror Of Tallahassee haunted house in Florida, a 14,000 sq. ft. haunt that stalks its visitors, while also involving them in black magic and macabre illlusions.
- All Hallows Eve site: http://hometown.aol.com/createaline/myhomepage/halloween2.html Custom Halloween T-shirts ar available at : http://www.cafepress.com/31october and http://www.cafepress.com/octobermonsters
- Halloweenegreetings.com has animated holiday cards - http://www.halloweenegreetings.com/
- Visit Allan's free Hallween ecards site - http://www.halloween4u.com/.
- Make a visit to Billie Campbell's Halloween How-to and reviews site: http://www.EyesofHalloween.com
- Check out this free Halloween ecards site! http://www.free-egreetings.net/halloween.html
- Please pay ay a visit to: Haunted House Makers Unlimited (http://www.hauntedhousemakers.com The owner writes, "I've watched your web-site for quite sometime (years in fact) and I must say that your FCG was one of the main reasons that I started this whole craze. I've even started (slowly) production on my own how-to book, which also has a small dedication to you within it's first pages. Well enough trying to score brownie points."
[We don't mind...more, more! And send us a book when it comes out! ;-) - DF]
- Terror on the Square (http://www.terroronthesquare.com/) - See and read about how Jeff Preston's home haunting hobby evolved into a commercial endeavour! The FCG has invaded his Hallo-ween-ed halls, as well as Pepper's Ghost!
- Halloween Heaven (http://www.halloweenheven.homestead.com/home.html) - Visit these fine folks, who provided us with another award!
- CreepZone (http://www.markbsplace.net/) - "Mark Butler's zone of spooky stuff. See the Monsterlist of How-To projects, original fiction and graphics, haunt how-to's and walkthroughs and hidden suprises!" (Look in the Halloween section, of course. -D.F.)
- Horrordays (http://horrordays.ontheweb.nu) - A neat family haunting site with sounds, images and links.
- Terror Syndicate (http://terrorsyndicate.com/) - Offers The Home Haunter's Prop Building Handbook, Volumes One and Two, and lots of images.
- Haunted House Makers Unlimited (http://www.hauntedhousemakers.com/) - This home haunter shares images of his work with us.
- The Hallowed Haunting Grounds (http://www.hauntinggrounds.org) - Website for an interesting California home haunt.
- World of Horror (http://www.worldofhorror.8m.com) - Devoted to all things horrifying, including a chat room and links.
- Al Dano's 'Burial Mound' (http://www.geocities.com/spidermakr/) - Another home haunter documents his hobby, and offers his prop-building expertise to the community.
- Patrick's Halloween Page (http://members.aol.com/Pbres/hallow.html) - Visit Patrick's Page and view his displays and links! Still under construction...
- Spooky House Productions (http://members.tripod.com/~spookmaster/index.html) A dedicated Halloweener showcases his dream haunt at this site.
- "Do Not Pull Down on the Safety bar Please..." (http://www.doombuggies.com) - A neat Disney Haunted Mansion site! Follow the links, and discover more about 'Pepper's Ghost,' (see 'The Hotel Lugosi' on our site) and its application in the Haunted Ballroom illusiuon. Included is a behind-the-scenes view of the mechanism of the ghost organist in action, and a lot more. This is the best Disney-haunt related site we've seen yet. Chef Mayhem - the curator - even makes reference to our own Grim Organist in his description! What can we say but thank you!
- Jeff's Halloween HellCountdown (http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/halloween.htm) - A very devoted Halloweenie presents his thoughts and projects.
- SCREAM [Student Club of Realistic Animatronics and Make-up] (http://http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/9373/SCREAM/scream.html)
- Bob Andrews' Page (http://www.anaserve.com/~BoBandrews) - Bob has a home cemetery any haunter would envy. Be sure to visit this award-winning site, loaded with pictoral examples of this hauntmeister's handiwork. Don't miss Restin' Pete's Mortuary! It's a scream!
- Larry Lund's Halloween Page (http://www.llund.com/halloween.htm) - Larry has built several varied examples of the Flying Crank Ghost (including the one in the animated .gif on our index page,) three of which haunt his very popular front yard haunt. Drop in and have a look at his photo album. Plans for Carl Chetta's Trash Can Trauma, which will appear in expanded form in Phantasmechanics, are also available. Recommended.
- Lauren Jones' haunt list, under construction (http://www.geocities.com/heartland/2007/haunts.html) - If you want to be listed, pay a visit!
- Kathy Macrum's Holiday Decor Site (http://members.tripod.com/~kmarcrum/index_.htm) - This listmember's personal page has a definite Halloween emphasis. Kathy gave us the ultimate compliment: when she completed her FCG, she stated that she could sit and stare at it for hours. If you consider yourself 'technically challenged' and are afraid to try building one for yourself, contact her for some encouragement!
Haunts, Haunt Suppliers, Designers and Builders:
Haunted Attraction Magazine (http://www.hauntedattraction.com) - a quarterly publication for the haunted amusement industry.
Jerry Chavez: Hauntmeister and Inventor (http://members.aol.com/spookyfx/index.html) - Imagineer-for-hire. His site includes instructions for making a corpse... with materials costing only about $30. You have to see these things to believe them!
A. Harlequin Costume & Magic (http://www.costumemagic.com/) - Tad Peters offers products for Halloween, for magicians, and make-up and costumes for children and adults. Custom wedding attire is also available, themed for Renaissance or Medieval periods... Christmas and Easter holidays... You name the occasion, and Tad will provide a costume appropriate to it!
Haunt Master Products, Inc (http://hauntmasterproducts.com) - Jim Kadel (email@example.com) hosts this site. He's another Halloween-L regular. The featured product line is the Fright Lite, a incandescent lamp flickerer (more sophisticated than our do-it-yourself ALF) that runs a repeating 20-second cycle, including guttering and strobing effects. Three reasonably-priced models are available, each with increasing watt-handling capacity.
The Nightmare Factory (http://www.nightmarefactory.com/factory.html) - This is a large Austin, Texas haunt.
The Haunted House Gateway (http://www.xmission.com/~spl_efx/haunted_house/hhouse.html) - Links to selected haunt suppliers are provided here.
Scream Queens (http://www.screamqueen.com/sqprops.htm) - They are vendors of scary masks, 'body parts', and larger, more elaborate set pieces. The site includes an online catalog.
Trendmasters (http://www.trendmasters.com) - This toy company also specializes in seasonal items, and has an interesting Halloween line: Decorative items, mechanical and non-mechanical, electrical and battery operated.
American Science and Surplus (http://www.sciplus.com) - They offer an online catalog of discount-priced gadgets, of possible interest to budget imagineers.
Grainger (www.grainger.com) - A source for the Dayton gearmotor line described in the plans found on this site, among many other electrical and mechaincal parts. They are a wholesaler, so be prepared to buy through your company, or a friend's.
Smarthome (http://www.techmall.com/smarthome/index.html) This company offers a line of X-10 system products. For those who don't know, X-10 is a plug in control system for homes, that uses a signal travelling through the A.C. power lines to cue remote boxes, which can switch and dim lamps, switch motors, or do other tasks. Computer interfaces are available, allowing the entire house (or haunt) to be automated from a central location. There is a distance limit, and interference is possible, but the system is quite useful, and many haunters have adopted it.
Jim Smith Productions Halloween Page (http://www.angelfire.com/biz/jvprods/halloween.html)A haunted house, special effects and costume page, offering hand-made Halloween puppets and masks for sale.
Taylor Butler: Advertising and Marketing firm representing Halloween related Providers:
http://www.AdultCostumes.net/ - All sorts of adult costumes for all occasions
http://www.halloweenexpress.com/ - Halloween costumes for the family
Devious Concoctions: "Devious Concoctions was created with the haunt fanatic in mind, and will hopefully aid you in the design and creation of your own devious concoctions."
Timers, show controllers and haunt automation parts are available at the sites listed below. They have pretty much everything you need to automate your haunt.
http://www.officialpartydirectory.co.uk Fancy dress parties, halloween birthdays and face painting. British site for Halloween and other costumes and party supplies.
http://www.bjwinslow.com - B.J. Winslow Prop Rentals and Fabrication
and http://www.dappercadaver.com - Dapper Cadaver
These two sites offer truly slick haunt props made by a supplier to the film industry and pro haunters. They carry a wide variety of props, both for rental and retial sale, and will do custom work upon request. Give them a visit!
http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/ The Ghoulish Gallery - haunted changing portraits
We own two of these fine works of creepy art, and can heartily recommend them to you. Reasonably priced and very effective - and no batteries required! Watch as a straitlaced victorian portrait turns into a nightmare before your eyes. In diminished lighting, the effect is truly eerie!
http://www.monsterguts.com/ Monster Guts: Our blood, your sweat, their tears.
"Monster Guts is dedicated to Halloween prop building. Whether you are making a static prop, or an animatronics nightmare, we can help your Halloween creation come to life. The intent of Monster Guts is to offer you, the do-it-yourself prop builder, a comprehensive selection of Halloween prop building materials. We constantly add to our selection of prop building items, so visit Monster Guts often to see our latest offerings."
Check out Haunted House in a Box- a Cool idea for the home haunter!
"We Do Fright Right and are dying to create the perfect atmos-FEAR for your next event... Let the ghouls at Eerie Industries add elements of fear and function to your next yard haunt, corporate meeting or private party."
- Spooky World - America's Horror Themepark (http://www.spookyworld.com) - Have a close look at one of the country's best and most interesting haunted attractions!
- Grisly Gothic Gables / Skeletons In My Closet Productions (http://home.att.net/~allistair) - Check out this fine haunt's new site!
- Rose Brand Theatrical Fabrics and Supplies (http://www.rosebrand.com) - "For over seven decades Rose Brand has served the entertainment industry with a full line of Theatrical, TV/ Film & Event Fabrics, Custom Sewn Draperies & Backdrops, Scenic and Production supplies." Suppliers of Duvetine, the safe alternative to black plastic visquene.
- The Caberet Mechanical Theatre (http://www.cabaret.co.uk/) - If you're a fan of 'The Secret Life of Machines' series on the Discovery Channel, you really need to see this. While not directly Halloween related, it covers classic automata rendered in a modern, humorous form. (There are figures made by Tim Hunkin of 'Secret Life' fame.) If you are an FCG builder, visit this site for inspiration for your own projects.
- Castle Blood (http://www.castleblood.com) - Visit this site of a major haunt, which also sells props and accessories.
- DWM Studios (http://www.fogmachines.com) - Specialist in foggers, fogger rental, and other special effects, as well as design.
- Skull Kingdom (http://www.skullkingdom.com) - A new website for this well-known Orlando, Florida haunt, complete with a pictoral tour.
- Walt Noon's Show Design Theme Park Animation (http://www.pe.net/~magical/robots/homepage.htm) - Custom animatronics by this builder are showcased, with .gif animations.
- Terror By Design (http://www.terrorbydesign.com/) - Denny Dahm's reliable haunt supply firm provides personal service and advice. Drop by his site and contact him - if you don't see what you are looking for in his catalog, chances are he can find it for you anyway. If you haven't visited his pages lately, they have recently undergone an interesting facelift, so be sure to have a look!
- Mr. Scary Productions (http://www.spookyfx.com) - An avid haunt designer and supplies dealer from Indiana. Look him up!
- Theatre Effects (http://www.theatrefx.com/) - Manufacturers and suppliers of professional theatrical equipment, for lighting, fog, and other live special effects. Here's another regular Halloween-L contributor.
Other sites of interest:
If you'd like to know more about the author, my page can be reached at:
Return to main page...